The process of buying life insurance can be overwhelming at times, with so many different variations and available options. For this reason it is very important that you be an informed consumer. It is important to remember that you have the power of choice in regards to with whom you do business.
- You need to believe that the agent helping you find answers and solutions to your insurance needs truly has your best interests in mind.
- Never hesitate to ask a question if you don’t understand something that an insurance professional is telling you. If that professional shies away from certain topics or redirects you without answering your question, it is a big red flag.
- As the consumer you have a right to know all of the options available to you, along with the pros and cons of each option. This allows you to make the best decision and find the best fit for your specific insurance needs.
- If at any time you are unsure seek a second opinion from an independent insurance agent who isn’t tied to just one company.
- Even if you have taken delivery of a new policy you have between 10-30 days to change your mind in what is called a Free Look period. Be sure to ask how long a company’s free look period is. In this period you can return your policy for a complete refund of any premium paid in.
If you have unanswered questions we can help you find answers. Our insurance department at Winch Financial prides itself on taking the time necessary to get all of the facts and options before making a recommendation. Think of us as a resource.